Getting to the Mae Klong Railway Market:
From Central Bangkok
- Make your way to the Victory Monument.
- From the monument, walk towards the Suzuki garage.
- Signs for each location will be noted on large boards at the entrance to each “bus depot”.
- Keep an eye out for Mae Klong or Railway Market Signs.
If you struggle, there are plenty of staff members for each bus company that will be able to point you in the right direction.
Do bear in mind, that regardless of time, the buses will only leave when full, this took just under an hour for us (it was 11am).
In Mae Klong
- The bus will drop you on the outskirts of the market.
- Follow the market down the main road, then take a left, following the market stalls.
- At the level crossing, walking left will take you into the train station and right will take you through the “pull down umbrella” market.
Leaving Mae Klong
- Follow you route back to where you were dropped off on the outskirts of the market.
- Cross over the main road, the bus stop is located about 100 meters down the dual carriageway (See the picture below of the bus ‘stop’ waiting area at Mae Klong back to Bangkok).
When arriving back in Bangkok, you will be dropped at either the Victory Monument or at Pinklao.