Our video review of a standard queen bedroom at the Sipadan Inn 2, Semporna, Borneo, Malaysia.
- The rooms although small were clean, modern and well lit.
- A kettle and complimentary tea, coffee, sugar, creamer and drinking water were a nice touch.
- The room included use of a small safety deposit box. We found this useful, especially when out on day trips to the islands.
- The hotel is on the seafront and very close to cafes and restaurants.
- The bathroom was quite small and had a bad smell (coming from the drains).
- The water pressure wasn’t great (but, this does seem to be the case everywhere in Semporna).
We preferred staying at the Sipadan Inn 2, versus the original Sipadan Inn. Not only was the price very similar, we found the staff to be friendlier and the rooms to be more modern and thoroughly cleaned. Given we wanted to spend money on day trips to the islands, staying here was the best value for money in Semporna.