Video un-boxing of our room at the Marina Court Vacation Home in Kota Kinabalu, Borneo, Malaysia.
- Our double room had its own bathroom (some rooms used a shared bathroom.)
- There was a communal kitchen which included a kettle, fridge, toaster, microwave and water filter.
- There was use of a washing machine and clothes dryer on the balcony for guests at no extra charge.
- We were initially having issues with the Wi-Fi internet. After speaking to the owner the problem was soon sorted out.
- Very close to the night market with great food options in the evening and the Centre Point shopping centre.
- This is not a hotel, there are no staff members on site, nor will you find your room cleaned or sheets changed. This is an apartment with four bedrooms rented out individually.
- The lady was late in bringing us our key (as there is no one ‘on-site’ for check-in) and rushed us to check us into the apartment and room. (Given we were kept waiting it was not a good start.)
- A kitchen is advertised and yet there are no ‘proper’ cooking facilities other than the toaster and microwave. We found this a little disappointing, especially being so close to the markets with access to great fresh vegetables, meat and fish.
In terms of ‘Bang for your Buck’ Marina Court Vacation Home was a good choice in Kota Kinabalu. Its location was very central, the owner was helpful and the additional features like the washing machine were a big bonus.