Sunset House is a small guest house, less than one minute’s walk from the beach and comprises of ten rooms, two of which have sea-views and a balcony.
The main entrance leads through a communal dining area, to the reception complete with free computer and internet access.
The accommodation is of a modern standard with all rooms including wi-fi internet, air-conditioning, satellite television and en-suite bathroom. Our sea-view room consisted of dressing table with drawer, mirror and padded stool, a double bed, large fridge with freezer compartment, kettle with complimentary tea and coffee, wardrobe with plenty of clothes hangers and cupboard space, bed-side table with lamp and a rotating wall fan.
The en-suite included European toilet and fitted spray hose, sink with soap dish and toothbrush holder, a mirror, a shower with electric shower heater (as hot as you desired) and space for a few toiletries along with a draining soap dish holder. A large shelf is provided for other personal items. Complimentary items included two travel size individually wrapped soap bars and shower caps.
Breakfast is included in the price of the room and with around seventeen options you are spoiled for choice. We loved the ham and cheese omelette, it was my choice for five out of our seven breakfasts. Tea, coffee and water was also included in the breakfast and were delighted to find it was fresh filter coffee, refills not a problem.
Not quite a beach-front resort, Klong Muang Sunset House is located road-side, however it is a thirty second walk to the beach.
Note: Shoes must be left at the front or back door – do not enter Sunset House with shoes.
Getting to Klong Muang Sunset House
Private transport is the only option for those arriving into Klong Muang. There are many four and five star resorts based in this area including the Sheraton Krabi, Nakamanda and Sofitel, most of these include private air-conditioned mini-bus transfers.
We caught a lift from our previous resort, J2B Bungalows, Nopparat Thara Beach from a member of staff and paid 300 baht. From our research, the cost to Klong Muang from Ao Nang is around 500 -700 baht depending on the vendor.
If you are travelling from Krabi airport, it is worth looking into transfer options as the price can vary from one firm to another.
There are also many options for those travelling from Phuket, including buses, mini vans and boats.
The resort of Klong Muang comprises of Klong Muang village and Klong Muang Beach, separated by a ten minute walk. Everything is located within a thirty minute walk, although taxis and tuk-tuks are readily available.
- The Sunset House team were welcoming, courteous, helpful and always provided service with a smile.
- Plenty of choice for breakfast (a total of 17 items). They make the best omelettes I have ever eaten, anywhere!
- The in-room fridge is bigger than most and includes a freezer box. This offers opportunity to purchase items such as: milk to make your own tea and coffee, yoghurts, fresh fruit, alcoholic beverages etc. to enjoy in your room or to take to the beach.
- Beach mats were provided at no additional cost.
- Staff are happy to book excursions on your behalf. (We tried to book one tour – finding it fully booked, calls were made until another suitable tour was found.)
- The view from our balcony included a mass of telephone and electricity cables (as is the case everywhere).
- A gypsum quarry is located at the end of town, thus from early morning until late into the evening, double-trailered trucks run up and down the road. This did not disturb our sleep as the ambient noise from the air conditioning unit masked most outside noise, however we were certainly aware of them when crossing the road.
With such a friendly and happy team, alongside a quiet beach resort, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sunset House in Klong Muang Beach. The best bits for me – a quiet beach resort, the friendly staff, the amazing ham and cheese omelettes and the ability to make a cup of tea in my room 🙂
Date of stay: 9th-16th February 2013
Room type: Sea-view double room with balcony
Cost per night (Thai Baht): 1,300 including breakfast, high season rate
Cash payment is requested on departure and check-out.
AsiaRooms advertise as pay on departure.
Address and Contact Details
+(66) 75 600 031